about

Friday, July 13, 2012

1
2
4
3
5

Day 55: Wednesday, May 4, 2011

The Korean and his family, whom live in the fancy apartment across from us, are finally back. They had been gone for two months after the quake and the whole time the place looked like a ghost house (even with the automatic lights that came on at night). Today from the balcony, I could see that their place was full of life again. The dad was out sweeping the garage floor in his pajamas and occasionally I could see the kids again in the second floor window. In the back of my mind, even though I knew it was totally wrong, I couldn’t help but think flyjin because they had been gone for so long, and as much as I tried pushing it down, it kept popping back up unconsciously… The whole time while the dad was sweeping, I think he knew because he wouldn’t look me in the eye.

No comments:

Post a Comment