about

Thursday, July 12, 2012

thedog (1 of 27)
thedog (2 of 27)
thedog (3 of 27)
thedog (4 of 27)
thedog (5 of 27)
thedog (6 of 27)
thedog (7 of 27)
thedog (8 of 27)
thedog (9 of 27)
thedog (10 of 27)
thedog (11 of 27)
thedog (12 of 27)
thedog (13 of 27)
thedog (14 of 27)
thedog (15 of 27)
thedog (16 of 27)
thedog (17 of 27)
The Dog

Day 91: Thursday, June 09, 2011

While on the veranda this morning, a big hairy dog walking toward our house came into sight. I was waiting to see if the owner would appear behind it, but no one came. It was alone trotting down the road. A stray dog in Tokyo is a rare sight to see, especially one this big. It went around the corner, passed my house, then turned the next corner and disappeared.

An hour later, I saw it pass by again…

thedog (19 of 27)
thedog (20 of 27)
thedog (21 of 27)

And then again, three hours later...!

I heard the neighborhood old ladies discussing it outside down below. I wanted to find the dog then and make friends, but decided to wait till the old ladies cleared away since they like to gossip.


Thirty minutes later the dog was back on the street where I had originally seen it.
I hurried downstairs and went out...

thedog (18 of 27)
34190036

... but then realized that I should probably bring it some food, so I went back inside without taking my shoes off. After checking, I discovered that we didn’t have any wet cat food or meat in the fridge, so I got some garlic bread instead...

thedog (23 of 27)
thedog (24 of 27)
thedog (25 of 27)

... When I tossed him some, he smelled it, but didn’t eat it. I guess dogs don’t like garlic bread.

thedog (26 of 27)
Anyways its stench was foul and almost made me gag. While I was debating whether or not to touch it, it suddenly stood up and went over to the entrance of the house that we were in front of. A second later I could hear noise from behind the door, and then it opened...

thedog (27 of 27)

The dog woofed and an old lady yelled, “Where have you been?!” and then the dog disappeared inside.

No comments:

Post a Comment