about

Thursday, July 12, 2012

22090033
Haruka

On assignment for a newspaper, Haruka asked me to take some “atmosphere” photos while we waited for the person that we had to shoot to arrive. Since we were in the business district and it was raining, there wasn’t much to photograph so I had a random idea and asked Haruka to crouch down and put her arms through the rails of the bridge while I photographed her from above… I knew the paper wouldn’t use it, but still I wanted to give it a try. We must have looked so weird because all of a sudden I heard someone from behind us ask, “What are you doing?” I stopped and turned around and there was a little boy about 2 or 3 years old in a raincoat looking at us with curiosity. His mom kept trying to pull him away while telling him not to bother us… I think she thought we were bad people. I laughed and then turned back to shoot. I heard Haruka say something to him, which I didn’t quite catch. Afterwards when I was done and the kid was gone, I asked Haruka what was her reply to the kid’s question; and as she got up, she simply said, “My job.”

No comments:

Post a Comment